Wednesday 6 July 2016

All the small things


The monochrome colours of the winter mornings seem to linger until about lunchtime when the days clear to the brightest blue skies. If the monochrome mist is absent from the morning, then rain-laden clouds cover the sky and intermittent rain is possible during the day. Either-way, the days are colder and the vegetables have slowed down their food formation.



The Brinjals are covered in flowers but the fruit is very slow in forming. The tomatoes take a lot longer to ripen.  I have decided to follow the vegetable’s lead. When the seedlings have reached the correct size, I will transplant them into their beds. Even if in my 25 years of experience of growing in this garden, tells me that it is not yet time.





If the weather changes and it gets very cold suddenly I might have a lot of onions going to seed, but that will just be a new learning curve for the future.







The macro lens of my camera has opened up a new world that I can explore in the dew laden wet mornings. I have discovered new worlds suspended in single dew and raindrops. In the early mornings when I discover and explore with this new tool, I only become aware of the cold when the icy drops run down my beanie and into my neck.




The kitchen provides a haven from the cold, offering warm toast and ginger marmalade and a steaming cup of Assam tea. Later I can view the images that I have captured in the morning and marvel at all the small things that have become a big part of my adventures with my macro lens.



1 comment:

  1. A micro-world revealed! Beautiful, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.