Friday 7 July 2017

A teapot in Provence


Provence is a feast for the senses. With art, markets and architecture that flow harmoniously in the cultural landscape, I long for the same cultural pride to be  embraced back home. 





I admire the confidence that the French have in their culture and heritage. As much as I  enjoy the exposure to French art and culture, I am not tempted to take it home and introduce it to Towerwater.  Instead, I am that much more determined to embrace my own culture and make Towerwater an authentic  expression of it.


I love what we have created at Towerwater. This visit to Europe inspires a fresh look at it. It provides a basis for new and informed ideas that give expression to one's own culture. 



While traveling by train from Paris to Avignon, fields of sunflowers and lavender flash past. They lift the spirit. Fields of solar panels flash past like metal sunflowers. They remind one of the changing cultural landscape of our time. 



The one true constant is the Towerwater  teapot and it's cosy. A comforting connection to the place where my soul feels at home. Pouring a restorative cup of tea from the familiar brown pot, is like touching home for a brief moment in Provence.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the thought provoking post and lovely images.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.