Monday 14 September 2015

Take a Basket of Lemons

I decided to make some Limoncello with some of the most amazing organic Eureka lemons. With the lemons looking like shorn sheep without their yellow skins, I realised that I will have to find a use for the juice so as not to waste the beautiful lemons.





The start of Limoncello
I decided to make old fashioned lemon cordial. Lemon cordial always comes in handy on hot summer days as refreshing lemonade or added to an iced tea.


 Cape Rough Skin lemons
The Cape rough skin lemon tree provided a healthy harvest to add to the already squeezed juice. I spent the morning squeezing lemons in the kitchen with the essence of lemon oil in the air, on my hands and in my clothes. 


Old Fashioned Lemon Cordial
With the cordial bottled, I was satisfied that we had made the most of the citrus harvest this year.

2 comments:

  1. One lemon two similtaneous products, limoncello and lemon cordial. Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ....cleverer than my spelling of simultaneous!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.