Monday 8 December 2014

Adventure is a Garden Path Away

When I plan my seasonal vegetable garden I plan for the plate. I enjoy playing with colours in a meal and that is why I prefer classic white crockery. White plates are the perfect canvas for colourful vegetables.


I planted red, black, yellow and orange tomatoes and then my garden gave me a profusion of tomato plants that is coming up wherever we used the home grown compost. I suppose the garden decided if I like surprises it will surprise me.


I have three types of corn(maize) in my garden. Yellow sweetcorn, Thai Gold baby salad corn and Black Aztec corn that a colleague bought for me at the Oranjezicht city farm. I cannot wait to see the black corn. Within a week the seeds were up and already stand 3 cm high.


 
It is true what they say, what you send into the world comes back to you. So friends and colleagues constantly present me with interesting seeds that always lead to a new adventure of discovery in my vegetable garden.

I can never be bored because at Towerwater adventure is just a garden path away.

1 comment:

  1. So very true. The adventure that a garden can provide. The rapid growth of the corn must be the result of all the 'enchanted water'.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.