Monday 1 December 2014

Daiquiris at Dusk

I must have talked about the taste of sun ripened Strawberries before but I am always surprised by the flavour of a freshly picked Strawberry from the garden. I can taste the sun  from a million happy days in one sweet Strawberry.

Saturday was a scorcher and keeping the garden cool and hydrated left me thirsty but luckily I could make fresh lemonade with the lemon cordial I made earlier in the year.
Garden Gifts
The garden rewarded me with a bowl of Strawberries and I decided to celebrate my glorious hot day with a Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri or two.

If I thought the taste of freshly picked Strawberries were incredible the Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri made with them was unbearably delicious.

Frozen Strawberry Daiquiri
I sat under the big oak sipping the sweet pleasure from the garden through tiny bits of ice, leaving me cooled in the diminishing heat of dusk.

The frogs softly echoed the cool contentment of a happy garden and I felt oddly sophisticated sipping sundowners at dusk.

2 comments:

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.