Monday 1 December 2014

A Petit Problem

My weekend was filled with the harvesting of vegetables. I needed days to turn the bounty of vegetables into amazing meals but the hot days forced me to just tend to the garden. The rose garden demanded constant attention and every plant was extremely thirsty.
 
I could fit some harvesting in between watering the lawn, herbs, fruit trees, flowers and vegetables.
 
The Patty Pans did not read the instruction properly and turned into Grande Pans in two weeks.
 
The Patty Pan in front of the basket is how big a Patty Pan should be
I find harvesting beans the most time consuming of all the vegetables, carrots and beetroot I can just pull out but beans need to be picked one by one with a scissor. If you know how a bean bush grows you will understand it is not just   about picking but extracting them from the profusion of stems.

The best green beans, I can eat them like asparagus
But as Marina Schinz said “To create a garden is to search for a better world. In our effort to improve on nature, we are guided by a vision of paradise. Whether the result is a horticultural masterpiece or only a modest vegetable patch, it is based on the expectation of a glorious future. This hope for the future is at the heart of all gardening.”

Pumpkins on the roof  with a petit french flair


1 comment:

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.