Wednesday 15 June 2016

Good news in a rain gauge

I arrived home after driving through a wet valley with big puddles of water next to the road. After I parked the bakkie and locked the gates, I headed straight for the rain gauge to see how much rain had fallen.



The good news in the rain gauge was that 24 mm of rain had fallen. Compared to the rest of the valley where some people reported receiving 26 mm, it was still very good news.


On Saturday morning as I ran into friends and acquaintances, the largest part of the conversations was about the rain. In this farming community, life revolves around water and rain. Discussing the rain was happy conversations that were filled with relief. 



Saturday was a cold but sunny day and coming home my eye caught the Bougainvillea where the bright flowers were on fire with the sun captured in the blooms.



In a garden where everything is currently painted in subdued colours the Bougainvillaea stand out bright with a wall of colour and I just had to capture it in photographs.


1 comment:

  1. An assorted bougainvillaea hedge can provide for quite a spectacle that apart from an occasional trimming requires little maintenance. Thanks for sharing this post.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.