Monday 16 March 2015

Fruitful Sunday

The purple fig tree has been producing one ripe fig every weekend for the last five weekends as if it wants to prolong my pleasure of  the taste of summer.


The garlic that I planted ten days ago is coming up nicely.
Garlic
On the hot Sunday morning I could harvest apples, quinces, pomegranates, a fig, grapes, baby corn, brinjals courgettes,Swiss chard and green peppers.


Quince


Star King


Golden Delicious
Second Last Picking of the Hanepoot
I am so impressed with the baby corn that I have decided to make it a must have for the garden in future. I like the height of the plants and enjoy the flavour of the corn.

Baby Corn




Swiss Chard
It was an exhausting but fruitful Sunday. I am truly amazed at the volumes and speed at which the garden produces.

3 comments:

  1. What a bountiful supply! Is that next week's fig preview next to the ripe one? I can only imagine the culinary possibilities in that Sunday harvest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the fig is trying to surprise me and keep one for April but at the rate the fruit is ripening it can be ready for next weekend.

      Delete
  2. Your love of the garden and all she produces is clearly evident. She doesn't disappoint.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.