Thursday 22 October 2015

An Enchanted Garden in a bottle


I have been waiting to make a liqueur from the violets that are growing next to the herb garden but this year the snails got the better of them. The flowers that I could harvest were not enough to give me the flavour that I wanted.




I decided to change the recipe and added red rose petals to the violets and spice syrup. The fragrance coming from the pot was incredible. It was spicy with floral notes. When I saw the colour of this new liqueur I could not call it anything but Enchanted Garden.




It is like drinking flowers with an exotic hint of the East. It will make an amazing cocktail when mixed with a glass of MCC.



3 comments:

  1. I suppose that sampling 'enchanted garden in a bottle' would be another way of drinking in the pleasures of a garden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very experimental. Sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am worried that it might be too sweet for my taste but nothing a glass of cold MCC can't fix.

      Delete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.