Monday 19 October 2015

Frosted roses


Snails brought me into the garden at this ungodly hour. In the breaking dawn I follow their silver trails to where they feast on my beloved plants. Silently they glide over long green leaves, pause, and bite and just as silently destroy the leaf. Our meeting will be brief. You lose your life as I lose a leaf.

The roses kept me in the garden at this magical hour. The sun, like the first brush strokes on a canvas, lit up the sea of roses. The cool night was still caught in frosted dew drops on rose petals. The brush strokes of the sun reflected in the silver dew of night. Night and day briefly caught in a magical exchange of the warm light reflected by the cold dew.

I walked into the garden with murder in my heart but now I pause to thank the snail for luring me to witness nature’s art.









1 comment:

  1. I love the notion of night and day in magical exchange reflected in the roses. Thanks for the inspiring images.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.