Tuesday 19 January 2016

Rainbow Tomatoes


The tomatoes are ripening and look amazing. The colours are less dramatic than I thought they would be. The black tomatoes are more a dark purple then black. The green tomatoes are a bit confusing because how does one know when a green tomato is ripe.



I enjoy making a mixed tomato salad playing with layers and colours. I prefer using basil and parmesan cheese with the tomatoes because there is something about basil that just lifts the flavour of the tomatoes. The rich umami flavours of the Parmesan complements the tomatoes that are also rich in umami flavour.






I am not really a desert fan but I just love a savoury taste, so give me umami any day. My one weakness is also Parmigiano-Reggiano and I always make sure that I have a wedge in the fridge. The tomato is rich in vitamin A and C and low in fat and cholesterol. That makes my organic rainbow tomato salad very healthy and refreshing on a hot summer’s day.




With a salad that healthy I could indulge myself by adding some cold slices of Karoo leg of lamb to my lunch.



1 comment:

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.