Thursday 27 August 2015

Happy Birthday Blog

Today my blog is 1 year old. The blog has received over 9596 page views to date. I thank everyone who reads and enjoys the blog for your enthusiasm and support.


I started the blog as a journal of the daily activities on a South African Cape country homestead, honouring traditional crafts and exploring their origins. I had no expectation that it would enjoy an international following, but I do appreciate the interest.


The top 10 countries where the blog is being read are South Africa, France, United States, United Kingdom, Russia, New Zealand, Australia, Germany, the Ukraine and Canada. The blog is being read on all the continents and some islands in between! Besides the loyal followers in these countries, there are many other readers in the most distant and unlikely of places.


As far as the top 10 most popular posts are concerned, the current list includes;
1. A Vernacular Restoration Project Published
2. The Tao of Handmade Marmalade
3. Rivers, Ruins and Restorations
4. The Cape came home in Bubblewrap
5. Ek Gooi My Luike Oop
6. The Memory of a House
7. The Cape Chair
8. Wet Winter Days and Wine Coolers
9. Research and Collective Heritage
10. Cape-Pondweed Ponderings


My favourite posts include all the posts! I enjoy writing them and it provides me with an opportunity for contemplation and the celebration of life. If followers find pleasure in reading them, then it makes me even happier to share glimpses of a Cape country lifestyle in terms of space and place, that is the source of my inspiration.




3 comments:

  1. Thanks for an amazing blog Thys! Enjoy every post. Keep it going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Blog - here's to many years to come !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.