Monday 26 January 2015

Mad Dogs and Englishmen

The Firecat I met in the garden seems to have moved in. I found him lying all over the garden in the coolest spots like a prop that somebody left there. Sometimes he talks to me and is becoming friendlier. He seems to be under nourished and I have no idea who his humans are.

I have to fight the urge to feed him because I am afraid that he will become dependent on me and I am not always home. I think he is responsible for the reduction of birds in the garden and I am not too happy about that.

Our garden prides itself to be bird and bee friendly but with a hungry Firecat around the birds are giving the garden a wide berth.

The heat is no problem for the Firecat because he knows all the coolest spots in the garden. We know what they say about mad dogs and Englishmen but the Firecat and I stay in the cool parts of the property in the midday sun.

One Cool Firecat

2 comments:

  1. A lovely addition to the garden. A pity that he poses a menace to our feathered friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully yo the moles and mice too😉

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.