Sunday 18 January 2015

Marriage on a Plate

A “opslag” vine tomato came up near the compost bin and is competing with the granadilla  to see who can grow the tallest. This unexpected pleasure  is prolific and I love my garden for these surprises.

Vine Tomatoes
I love to roast them on the vine and decided to roast some to have with my chicken pie for lunch. 

Roasted Vine Tomatoes and Pesto
I made some fresh basil pesto to serve with the tomatoes. The  flavours of the roasted tomatoes, basil, pine kernels, garlic, Parmesan cheese and olive oil is the perfect marriage on a plate.

Home-made Pesto
I understand why one needs to serve bread with every meal, it is the best to soak up the juices that is left on your plate capturing that  perfect  combination of flavours in one delicious bite.

A Feast of  Flavours 

1 comment:

  1. Amazing in just how many ways simple garden produce can enrich one's taste experiences. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to add your name or nickname to your comment.
Struggling to comment? Please let me know at thys.hattingh@gmail.com.